Page Speed Improvement
Is your website taking too long to load? Do you want it to load quicker? Well, good news! You are exactly where you should be. We DelhiSeoServices possess extensive experience as well as insight knowledge about page speed optimization. Hence, it allows us to turn any slow-loading laggy web page into a speedster in itself.
What exactly is Page Speed?
The term of page speed typically points to the period of time it takes the web pages or media content is downloaded from the hosting servers and displayed on the requested web browser. That is to say, page load time is the very span of time that passes within clicking the link and loading the content at its entirety on your device.
When it comes to page speed there are three central aspects you need to take in the context of user experience and website performance:
- Firstly, it is about the duration of time that it takes for delivering the requested material as well as the related HTML content to the browser.
- Secondly, it is about the browser’s response time to the page load requests.
- And finally-users as the requested web page renders on the browser – this is the ultimate empirical measure of page load speed.
Website performance especially page speed subsequently impacts search engine rankings. In fact, the Google algorithm considers very highly of page speed. Because it is the single most aspect that contributes heavily to the user experience, responsiveness, along with a whole other set of website metrics.
So, you can tell that page speed is a game-changing aspect in terms of SEO. Yet, few Web developers, as well as, website owners tend to overlook page loading times in their website management and design strategies. If you ask us, it is a grave mistake. Why so? Below you will find us discussing it in detail.
Want to know what defines Slow?
In terms of page speed, anything that takes longer than 3 seconds is regarded as a slower loading speed. Engineers at Google have discovered that users don’t respond to web-pages that take more than 3 to 5 seconds to load.
As a matter of fact, we are in the mid of a tech-revolution. Indeed the Internet has come a long way gaining its relevance in almost every aspect of our lives. As a result, it has become significantly more crowded with competition. Thus, businesses need to get speed-optimized websites to deliver the best user experience.
What happens if they don’t load fast enough?
Let’s go through some stats:
- According to Google, 25% of visitors would click away from the website if it takes more than 4 seconds to load. Resulting in a higher bounce rate which subsequently impacts a website’s ranking negatively.
- Moreover, 46% of users don’t return to websites performing poorly in terms of loading speed.
- Audiences take a mere 5 seconds to engage or reject a website. So you can be sure that if your website takes more than that to load it will create a negative impression overall.
- According to studies, 74% of mobile users would leave a site if it takes longer than 5 seconds to load.
- The same study shows that a delay of each second in page load time could cause a total annual loss of $1.6 billion to eCommerce platforms likes of Amazon.
- 47% of eCommerce consumers expect pages to load in less than two seconds.
And what happens when they speed up?
Let’s answer the question with some examples.
- When Mozilla cut down its page loading time by 2.2 seconds, their download figures climbed up by 15.4%. That is equivalent to 10 million more downloads per year!
- Now when it comes to Wal-Mart, they too saw a 2% increase in conversion rates for every 1-second improvement in page load times. The numbers don’t lie!
How DelhiSeoServices can help you boosting you page speed:
Here we will demonstrate to you a set of basic seven steps that we follow to boost up your page speed.
1. Use of a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
What is Content Delivery Network? Well, it is a collection of web servers allocated across various terrestrial locations. To be more specific, the servers are geographically positioned between the original server containing the web content, and the user requesting the content. The very purpose of delivering the content faster by reducing latency.
How does it work? Let us explain. A website hosted on a single server causes all users requests to be sent to the same hardware. As a result, the load time increases. Furthermore, when users are far from the server physically it adds more to the problem.
Now if you use CDN, it redirects all the user requests to the server which is geographically nearest to the user. Consequently, it cancels out all the issues we discussed above. Though this is an expensive alternative, but it is quite an effective way to optimize the load time.
2. Upgrade your website to a dedicated host
Slow hosting platforms can sabotage all our efforts to speed up your loading speed. Most newbie admins choose the most affordable possible option for hosting. And shared hosting is the cheapest among them all. And yes, this is often sufficient enough for the beginning. But if you want a seriously fast loading website, you need to upgrade your hosting to a dedicated one.
3. We optimize the images’ sizes on your website
This portion is often overlooked by many digital marketing experts. But large size images can heavily slow down your website. Don’t worry. We DelhiSeoServices have highly trained graphic designers. They can compress any high-resolution image to its lowest size without impacting on its quality whatsoever.
4. Reduce the number of plugins
A high number of plugins can slow down your WordPress website drastically. How we can help? If you are using a WordPress website then we can reduce the number of plugins operating on your website. And we will replace them with a smaller number of plugins which will fulfill all the functions of the previous plugins.
After we are done running these procedures your website will be way faster than what it used to be.
6. Practice website caching
Caching is the method of saving the contemporary version of your website on the hosting and uploading this version to the browser of an audience. Of course, it kept saved until your website is updated. After its get updated it gets saved again. That is to say that the web page doesn’t need to render over and over again for each user. To simplify, the cached web page doesn’t need to export database requests each time.
There is one thing you should know. If you are not a WordPress user and you are using a shared server, your website doesn’t have any caching facility available.
7. Execute Gzip Compression
Finally, we perform Gzip Compression. What is a Gzip Compression? It is an efficient way to decrease the size of the files. By performing it we minimize the HTTP requests and also reduce the server response time. Now what Gzip does is that it compresses the files before transmitting them to the browser. Thereafter, a browser unzips the transmitted files and displays the contents to the requester.
So these were all you needed to know about how we DelhiSeoServices make your page load faster than ever. If you have any queries regarding this just give us a ring.